Using Snapchat for Holiday Parks in 2019
10 March 2019
Snapchat is a social media platform that allows users to send temporary, seconds-long images to other users. It is one of the most popular mobile social media apps with users under the age of 25 years old.
However, unlike most social networking platforms, the app’s messaging services are entirely mobile-based, so if you want to use Snapchat for your park, your smartphone will become a crucial marketing tool.
Snapchat is also more widely used among millennials, so consider your target audience before committing to the platform. If you want to become a Snapchat marketing pro, you’ll need to understand the app in-depth.
Top Tips for using Snapchat in 2019
- Document your park’s day-to-day operations. What’s a day in the life like at your park? Use the app’s story feature to walk followers through business operations at your park. Give them a sneak, exclusive peak of events and goings-on they can’t see anywhere else on social media.
- Upload content regularly. Don’t let your following forget that you exist. Use the app regularly to upload frequent, daily content. Snap stories are a good opportunity for this.
- Sponsor a Snap Ad. Ten-second audio-visual clips are more traditional but allow you the creative freedom to drive an advertisement using video content as you would on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook.
- Sponsor a lens. Inspire users to engage with your park’s brand by bringing it to life. Find a way an average customer would engage with your park’s products or services and apply it to a lens. If you have a park mascot for instance here is an opportunity to use that character and turn them in to a lens. You can create your own create, publish, and share your own Lens with millions with Lens Studio!
- Design a sponsored geofilter. If you use Snapchat in any McDonald’s across the country with your location settings on, a McDonald’s themed geofilter will appear while flipping through your different filters before sending a snap. You could do the same with your park.